Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Mediocrity of Greatness

I took some time to create a blog as a creative outlet for my "supposed" greatness. However I have become increasing aware of the mediocrity of my "greatness." The special "it" factor your parents bestow upon you as a kid quickly fades into the backdrop as you join the ranks of society. Once you've stepped out onto society, the supposed measures of greatness become harder and harder to decipher. What makes greatness? And how is it measured? Success? Family? Physical Attributes? Loads and loads of money? Hmmm...can you still achieve greatness illegally subletting, living paycheck to paycheck?

Perhaps...but seriously how great is it to be broke, young and completely inexperienced?

I'm starting to develop a theory on greatness. By society standards and definitely my own, I'm far from greatness, however...what if there is some greatness there and I don't even know it? Essentially you can spend your entire life in greatness and not even know it. But how do you know when you've achieved greatness? Does God reach down from the heavens and appoint you as great?

So perhaps greatness is in the mediocre. Or, greatness is just mediocre. Who knows, but I will use this blog as a launch pad for my undiscovered greatness. The greatness of my mediocrity.

No comments: