Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Work, Weddings, Sony, Kitchen...Burnout 3

So Lupe got married this weekend and I have mixed feelings about it. Not because I'm not happy for her, but because I've come to the realization that I will slowly start losing my friends to the grown-up portion of life. It's scary and I'm reluctant to deal with it. Meh.

Following the wedding on Saturday, I've found myself in this weird lethargic funk. I slept ALL day Sunday and a good portion of Monday to help rustle myself out of it, but no such luck.

Work has been meh at best. A whole lot of drama went down this last week and as usual the preceding week everyone goes back to pretending like nothing happened the week before. I usually like to throw in my 2 cents at this point in the program but honestly, I don't have the energy for it. I'm wondering if I hit a brick wall and its time for a change... why not, everything else around me is changing rapidly.

Speaking of the new and different, I have my final interview with Sony tomorrow. I'm hoping for the best, but we'll see. I figure at this point if I'm meant to get it I will and if not then I will continue being a Dovetail crusader. Although at this point in time I'm considering Sony to be the start of a new job search. We'll see how things pan out in the next week or so.

Kitchen....still remodeling. I hate restaurants and would kill for someone to cook me a meal from scratch. I've probably gained a bijillion pounds right now and I'm sure my limited kitchen and ridiculous food consumption are partially to blame for my new found lethargy. I'm in definite need of a new routine...right quick. And perhaps a mumu.

I've officially hit burnout and its a sad site...I look like I got hit in the face by a tractor and I've now taken up sleeping in the fertile position on the couch watching re-runs of Frasier.

Well that's the update for now. I'm going to go curl up on the couch and wait for normalcy to return or my sanity, whichever comes first.


No comments: