Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Adult= Boring

I'm bored....and not bored in the I'm going to eat a pound of chocolate and play Super Mario kinda way, but the general bored with life bored. Sometimes I can't help but think that all the excitement has passed me as I jump in this so called adult business.

Work is meh. I like it for the most part....co-workers are awesome, super flexible, clients keep it interesting on a semi-regular basis-- but it's not new anymore. The initial appeal has worn off and given way to a day-to-day routine. It's not even bad, just blah.

I kinda miss those chaotic college days when you're struggling to find ways to pay tuition and eat from week to week. When you come home from work to eat ice cream from the pint and bullshit about ridiculousness while your roommate soaks her nasty feet in vinegar because they smell- and the other one complains about the rising costs of.....welll....everything.

Here's my average day.....

7:00 drag myself out of bed into the shower
8:00 leave for work
8:30 check email
9-5 typical work routine
5-6 frantically trying to finish up so I can go home
6-11 come home, watch multiple hours of bad TV, talk to myself (because Mike is locked in his room doing his teaching stuff), work a bit, contemplate going to the gym-but then don't, pick up the phone to make a call and realize I don't get service, sit staring at kitty wishing my friends lived closer

Weekends are usually filled with Mike and I trying to contact friends to come visit... then finally giving up, ordering a pizza and playing Super Mario.

I miss the randomness- and anticipation of trying to figure out what comes next. Now I'm just.......bored.

And bored is not always a good thing because when I'm bored I get paranoid. And I have a tendency to let my mind take over, which is never good because I over analyze everything.

Moral of the story.....I need a hobby, friends in San Jose, or a new video game.

1 comment:

Anna said...

630: wake up
810: show up to work late
810-1200: abuse
1200-100: run away from abuse
100-500: abuse
515-1030: recuperate from abuse by staring at the tv/computer.

weekend: hide under a rock.