Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Random Randomness

I felt compelled to write a blog post but don't have anything interesting to say, which annoys the shit out of me for two reasons: 1.) I hate writing bullshit posts (too late...see below) and 2.) I hate having a blog I never write in.

So I figured I can just comment on a couple items that are floating around my head at this particular time...

On Monday I went shopping with Anna and bought a book. I bought the book primarily for the title, "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs." But, I'm reading the book now and it's damn good. Chuck Klosterman examines pop culture and uses it as a reference to show us how far we've gotten off track. My favorite essay, " This is Emo" looks at those sappy romantic comedies and how they've permanently ruined the meaning of relationships because everyone is looking for their Lloyd Dobler (Say Anything- for those of you who don't know). It was a refreshing slap in the face, while I was reading it I immediately felt guilty. But my Lloyd Dobbler is acutally Aidan Shaw from Sex and the City! I'm addicted. I'm sure I'll have more to say about this book when I finish.

Speaking of addicted, my autographed first edition of Chuck Palahniuk's "Choke" came in today. WOOT!

I've been on AIM lately while I do home "work" stuff. I've been having some interesting chats with an old boss of mine. I strangely enjoy bullshitting with the guy despite the fact that he can be slightly inappropriate and is not quite sane. This guy works on a number of different inventions, my favorite being what he calls the "Taco Pop." I had a prototype next to my desk while I worked there--it was a toilet paper roll with a white piece of paper glued around it and on it was printed the words "Taco Pop." Then there was a syringe/straw/cardboard circle contraction that pushed the taco up for your eating pleasure. He was hoping to market it to fast food joints as the new coffee sleeve of fast food. Ridiculous...I know. Anyway-- he's crazy and has the craziest things to say... but I actually find myself looking forward to bullshitting with him via AIM. I think the craziness helps break up my monotonous routine. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be a crazy inventor with one somewhat useful product that hires people on a whim and writes them bad checks. Maybe when I get older I'll become a crazy loon and write bunk checks.

Speaking of crazy loon- I've decided that when I get so old that I begin to slowly start my decline that I will do lots of drugs. If you're going to die anyway...why delay the process? I might as well go out with a bang. I'm thinking maybe acid or heroin. Any thoughts?

That's all I got for now--I promise I will try and make my next post a little more meaningful. Until then you will just have to suffer through my random craziness. And no Anna....I'm not depressed =)

2 comments:

Anna said...

I hope your ex boss had that tco thing patented. Or else you just revealed a million dollar invention to the blogosphere!

and no, i dont think drugs are a good idea. especially not heroin.

Anna said...

p.s. you BETTER not be depressed.